June 7, 2016 Tuesday
Health Service Executive
Dr. Steevens Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Some knowledge of strategic planning and key performance indicators would be useful but not obligatory.
- Define and list all areas of library services offered by them. Categorize the list into areas that are ‘core’ to the mission of the library, and areas that are ‘auxiliary’.
- Locate and recognize techniques to increase the visibility and impact of the core library services and the librarian.
- Choose appropriate methods to demonstrate their impact.
- Differentiate their library service from others.
- Assess and evaluate the impact of the library service.
- Construct and design a visibility improvement plan for maximum library/librarian impact.
Participants will be contacted in advance of the workshop to supply some context for their work area (e.g. vision, mission statement & expectations)